Students in need of emergency funds may request a short-term loan through the Associated Students Cashiers and Ticket Office. This loan is eligible to all registered undergraduate students The loan is interest free and may not exceed $600.00 per academic quarter. A student applicant can select one of three loan options, as long as the total for any given academic quarter does not exceed the $600 limit. These options are $200, $400, or $600. There is a $5 Associated Students handling fee for each loan so the net amount received is $195, $395, and $595 respectively. In addition, the BARC Office charges a separate $10 administration fee for each loan.
Upon funds disbursement, applicants agree to repay the loans within 30 days from when the loan posts to student BARC accounts. Any defaulted loans will be dealt with according to the procedures followed by the BARC office, which processes and will determine the uncollectible funds.
- The process begins at the Cashiers and Ticket Office. Students complete and turn in the Short-Term Emergency Student Loan application form.
- AS Staff conducts a review process to verify eligibility
- If eligible, a check is cut, the student is informed
- Check is dispersed at the AS Cashier’s Office
- Student must pick up the check in person, show ID, sign the application stating that they’ve picked up the check and agree to the terms
- Information is transferred to BARC. The money is repaid via BARC NOT via AS.