051315-144 A Bill to Update Article IV Section 1 – May 13, 2015
by Hiro Bower & Second: Brandon Lee
Result: No Status by a vote of: on
There is nothing in our short-term investment pool.
Therefore let it be enacted by the Associated Students in the Senate assembled:
ARTICLE IV – DISBURSEMENT OF ASSOCIATED STUDENTS’ FUNDS
SECTION 1. GENERAL POLICIES
- C) All Operating Account monies not spent by June 30th will be transferred into the A. S. Suspense
account and retained for the fiscal year two (2) years hence unless otherwise provided herein.
- Final approval of all trustee accounts must be completed by the eighth (8th ) week of the Spring quarter. If an account is not approved, funds remaining in the account at the end of the fiscal year will go back to the Capital Project Reserve Account. The Executive Director shall submit to the Senate, the request, which shall approve the request as an action item.
- If a rollover request is denied, and the account is a lock in fee, the remaining funds will rollover into a category in Finance and Business’ budget to be allocated to any OSL or AS entity requesting funds for a project or program relevant to the specified language of the lock in.
- Exceptions listed below: All the Operating account monies not spent by June 30th will be transferred to their trustee accounts.
- a) EOP
- b) KCSB
- c) Program Board
- d) Communications Personnel
- e) Recycling
- f) IV Improvements
- g) IV Tenants Union
- h) Coastal Fund
- i) Community Affairs Board
- A written request must be submitted by the sixth (6th ) week of Spring quarter to the
Executive Director, requesting that a trustee account be set up or, in the case of an
existing account, maintained. The request should include an explanation of how and
when the monies are going to be spent, why monies were not spent during the fiscal
year, as well as a valid reason why a trustee account is being requested. Some valid
reasons would be staffing considerations, long-range purchases, technical support, and on-going projects.
Fiscal Impact: $0 from the account.Download Word Doc