051315-136 A Bill to Institutionalize the AS Innovation Fund – May 12, 2015
by Cassie Mancini & Second: Matthew Santos
Result: No Status by a vote of: on
Whereas: At the beginning of our 2014-2015 Senate term, the ASUCSB Senate passed a “A Resolution to Grow and Promote the Associated Students Innovation Fund;” and,
Whereas: The resolution established a donation box at the end of all Honoraria request forms to grow the Innovation Fund and invest in our future as an Association, even within our limited means as students; and,
Whereas: An institutionalized donation option at the end of all Honoraria forms would further enable the growth of the AS Innovation Fund beyond this pilot year.
Therefore let it be enacted by the Associated Students in the Senate assembled:
ARTICLE IV – DISBURSEMENT OF ASSOCIATED STUDENTS FUNDS
SECTION 10. ASSOCIATED STUDENTS’ INNOVATION FUND
- It shall be the responsibility of the AS Director of Alumni Affairs and the AS Chief Financial Officer to assist in the stewardship of the Associated Students Endowment (AS Innovation Fund).
- Any expenditure from the Associated Students Endowment shall be recommended by the AS President, in consultation with the Donor Oversight Committee, and be approved with a two-thirds (2/3rds) vote of the AS Senate.
- Any expenditure from the Fund shall be in alignment with the Innovation Fund’s intention and description:
“Associated Students’ Innovation Fund contributes to student initiatives that directly serve student needs. Contributing to this fund will provide the needed funding and support for campus-wide programs, services, events and operations to enhance student life without raising student fees.
Our goal is to move towards a model of self-sustainability and become less reliant on student fee
increases. The financial burden on students is at an all-time high and we believe the Associated
Students’ Innovation Fund will contribute to the solution.”
ARTICLE XVI – HONORARIA & STIPENDS
SECTION 10. DONATION TO THE ASSOCIATED STUDENTS’ INNOVATION FUND
- All honoraria request forms shall include an option to donate a portion of one’s honoraria to the Associated Students’ Innovation Fund.
- This option shall be explained at the bottom of all honoraria forms and include a brief explanation of the AS Innovation Fund.
- Honoraria-receiving students shall have the option of donating $1, $5, $10 or an ‘other’ amount to the AS Innovation Fund.
- Senate shall approve all honoraria allocations independently of this donation. For example, if a Chair were to receive $200 in honoraria and donate $5 of that to the AS Innovation Fund, the Senate would approve an honoraria allocation of $200 for that Chair.
- The Associated Students Assistant Director for Finance and Budget shall be responsible for the processes of collection and donation to the AS Innovation Fund in any manner they deem fit.
Fiscal Impact: $0 from the account.Download Word Doc